SCCM 2016 – Extending the Active Directory Schema is very important and required to do, if not done already in the domain before.
Extending the Active Directory Schema
- Log in to SCCM Server with account that is member of Schema Admins Security group.
- Mount the SCCM installation media to the CD ROM.
- Open Powershell with Elevated privileges
- From SCCM rom run .\SMSSETUP\BIN\X64\extadsch.exe
- Check schema extension result, open Extadsch.log located in the root of the system drive
- Extadsch.log should look like
Create the System Management Container
Configuration Manager does not automatically create the System Management container in Active Directory Domain Services when the schema is extended. The container must be created one time for each domain that includes a Configuration Manager primary site server or secondary site server that publishes site information to Active Directory Domain Services
- Start ADSIEdit
- Go to the System container and create a new Object
- Select Container
- Enter System Management
- After successfully creating the Container, it should look like
- Now Set security permission on System Management Folder
- Open properties of the container System Management created previously
- In the Security tab, add the site server computer account and Grant the Full Control permissions
- Click Add to Add SCCM Site Server account. Change the Object Types to Computers while searching for Computer Accounts
- Click Ok to Add and Grant Full Control.
- Click Advanced, select the site server’s computer account, and then click Edit
- In the Applies to list, select This object and all descendant objects
- Click OK and close the ADSIEdit console
Use following links to go to required blog
- SCCM Install guide
- SCCM-2016 Installation Pre-Requistes
- SCCM 2016 – Install System Center Configuration Manager 2016
- SCCM 2016 – Post Installation Tools